English: Meeting of the Commission Yvy Rupa with Elders and Youths
Meeting of the Commission Yvy Rupa with Elders and Youths
July 21, 2009 by terraguarani
The Commission Yvy Rupa met between the days of July 13 and 17 of 2009 in the Terra Indígena Rio Silveira, municipality of Bertioga, São Paulo, with ample participation of the Caciques, Leaders, Elders and Youths from all states of the south and southeast: Espirito Santo (ES), Rio de Janeiro (RJ), São Paulo (SP), Paraná (PR), Santa Catarina (SC), Rio Grande do Sul (RS).
In this meeting various issues were discussed and, principally, the counseling of the eldest to the youngest.
The following document was also written with the urgent demands of the Guarani people in Brazil (read below).
Comissão Nacional de Terra Guarani Yvy Rupa
Terra Indígena Guarani de Ribeirão Silveira
São Sebastião, SP, 17 de julho de 2009.
To Sr. Márcio Augusto de Freitas Meira – President of the FUNAI
Cc: DAF – Maria Auxiliadora
Procuradoria Geral da República – 6a Câmara – Dra Débora Duprat
The Commission Yvy Rupa met between the days of July 13 and 17 of 2009 with ample participation of the caciques, leaders, elders and youth from all states of the south and southeast: Espirito Santo (ES), Rio de Janeiro (RJ), São Paulo (SP), Paraná (PR), Santa Catarina (SC), Rio Grande do Sul (RS) in the TI Rio Silveira, municipality of Bertioga, SP, comes by means of this to point out the urgent demands of the Guarani people for the guarantee of the lands in the south and southeast, in keeping with article 231 of the Federal Constitution and Decree 1.775/96, also respecting Convention 169 of the ILO and the Universal Declaration of Indigenous Rights.
In this way, we list below the situation of the Guarani areas and our need for direction on the part of FUNAI, in the sense of the proper planning of the Studies of Identification and Delimitation for the South and Southeast defined by the Foundation before the CNPI.
– Vale do Ribeira – Urgent creation of Technical Groups (GT) in the following:
Aldeia Uru’ity, Aldeia Amba Porã, Aldeia Jaikoaty, Municipality Miracatu
Aldeia Peguaoty, Municipality Sete Barras
Aldeia Pindoty, Municipality Pariquera Açu
Aldeia Itapuã (Icapara), Jejyty (Toca do Bugiu), Aldeia Ita, Aldeia Guaviraty (Subauma), Municipality Iguape
Aldeia Tapy’i (Rio Branquinho), Aldeia Pakurity, Aldeia Jacareí, Municipality Cananéia
– Paranapuã, Municipality, São Vicente, creation of GT for Identification and Delimitation
– Piaçaguera, Municipality Peruibe, Publication of Decree Declaration,
– Iatóca, Municipality Mongaguá, Request for urgent finalization of Physical Demarcation
– Ribeirão Silveira, Request physical Demarcation and Confirmation of area Municipality, São Sebastião
-The Guarani community that is in Santa Helena is in urgent need of resolution of their problem with the acquisition of the area anticipated in the Term of Adjustment of Conduct (TAC) with the Ministério Público Federal and Itaipu.
– Aldeia do Ocoy, requires Studies for Identification
– Aldeia Rio Tapera, Municipality, Canta Galo/Rio Cavernoso, requires immediate creation of GT for the village located near the Cavernoso river.
– Aldeia de Palmital, Municipality, União da Vitoria, We repudiate the action of reintegration of possession and we demand the guarantee of the land to the Guarani,
– Obligation of maintenance of planning by FUNAI for constitution of the Technical Groups for identification and delimitation
– Aldeia Reta, Municipality, São Francisco do Sul; Yakã Porã, Municipality of Garuva; Aldeia Dona Francisca, Municipality of Garuva; solicit the creation of GTs of identification and delimitation
– Aldeia Cambirela, Aldeia Marangatu, Aldeia de Massiambú, Municipality of Palhoça, solicit the creation of GT of identification and delimitation
– Aldeia Yvyju Mirim, region of Amâncio, municipality of Biguaçu; area contiguous to TI Mbiguaçu, solicit creation of GT for identification
– Disintrusion of the TI Morro dos Cavalos
Rio Grande do Sul
– Obligation of maintenance of planning by FUNAI for constitution of GTs for identification and delimitation
– Aldeia Mato Preto, Municipality of Erebango, ratification of the Identification Report (with 4019 hectares)
– In the region of greater Porto Alegre, to prioritize the GTs of Aldeia Estiva, municipality of Viamão; Aldeia Capivari, municipality of Capivari do Sul; Aldeia Lami, municipality of Porto Alegre; and Lomba do Pinheiro, municipality of Porto Alegre
– To continue the studies in Yrapuá, in the municipality of Caçapava do Sul, which has already been done by the anthropologist Alexandre. We solicit the position of the FUNAI regarding the completion of this study.
– Aldeia de Cantagalo, municipality of Viamão, to make the [indemnification] payments to beneficiaries for the disintrusion because the demarcation has already been done.
We await the most rapid response possible.